- Gate is a worlwide unique terrestrial test environment for Galileo receivers
- Gate closes the gap between pure lab-based test constellation and the real Galileo system
- The transmitting stations are located near the mountain tops of Grünstein, Toter Mann, Hochthron, Kneifelspitze, Kehlsteinhaus and Jenner
- Goal of the GATE Project is to provide a realistic test environment with ground based transmit stations in the area of Berchtesgaden before the European satellite navigation system Galileo will be available.
What are the objectives of Gate?
- support of the Galileo system development (first experiences in Europe)
- support of Galileo receiver developments
- support of GNSS based application developments
- Gap in the esa Development: from laboratory into orbit (intermediate step Gate: ground based, but real positioning)